CALMEZ was formed in 2006 by a small group of experienced property people and financiers to provide essential property funding to experienced residential property developers. We are a privately owned principal lender that operates in the mezzanine funding, development stretch and short term bridge funding market.
CALMEZ uses its own resources together with additional funding from a limited number of high net worth individuals and trusts.
CALMEZ provides up to 90% of the total cost of a project which enables developers to use their own capital in more projects and, therefore, significantly increase their return on equity (ROE) whilst at the same time spreading their risk over more developments.
Why work with us?
- We will usually reply to all applications on the same day or no later than 24 hours
- We will give you an initial indication of whether your application meets our criteria and indicative terms within 48 hours of receiving your application form and the supporting information requested
- We will do our initial informal site visit within 7 days – usually sooner – so that we can properly understand your new development project and your financial requirements
- Following our formal QS site visit we will supply you with written draft heads of terms within 48 hours
- We make ourselves easy to communicate with at all times during the application and all terms out spelt out clearly with no hidden costs
- Our solicitors are used to working quickly and we will always endeavour to meet your timescale requirements
- Finally, we approach each loan application with the aim of building a long term working relationship and so will always do our best to properly support you with competitive terms